Dr. Manoj Babu, Visiting Assistant Professor
"In a world where degrees are easier to attain, an MBA sets those who are success oriented and high achieving from the rest of the group. An MBA is a life experience and a change in the mental models of leadership."
- Ph.D. in Management – Case Western Reserve University, 2016
- MBA in Org. Development & Finance – Marquette University, 2001
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering – Texas A&M University, 1995
- Worked in Business Sector for over 15 years in areas such as engineering, operations management, human resources, learning and development, financial management, and sales management
- Various increasing roles of responsibility: senior engineering; engineering manager; operations manager; VP of learning and development; and dean of manufacturing, engineering, and transportation
- Teaching for over seven years as adjunct. Full time for 2 years. Focus is on management courses. Research focus is on leadership and management techniques.
In which online program do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
Strategic Management, Human Resources
What do you want your students to take away from class?
I would like my students to take away theoretical concepts provided by the course, textbook, discussions, outside readings, etc. I would also like the students to be able to understand and internalize practical applications while never forgetting the human element in every situation.
Why did you start teaching?
I started teaching because of my love for education and the desire to help create a better community. I feel that I can best serve both conditions by teaching and helping students capitalize on their potential while taking a holistic view of life as they integrate valuable concepts learned in various courses.
What advice would you give to your future online students?
Online education is the glimpse into the future. Traditional classes are being replaced with better learning-management systems which include virtual learning environments. Ease of access, high rigor, and adapted expectations are valued in an online setting where students and teachers can use technology to interact and raise the expectations of a learning environment.
What is the value of an MBA?
The value of an MBA is immeasurable in monetary standards. An MBA is about personal growth, identified goals and experiences, and true capitalization of skills. In a world where degrees are easier to attain, an MBA sets those who are success oriented and high achieving from the rest of the group. An MBA is a life experience and a change in the mental models of leadership.
What do you do when you need a laugh?
Spend time with family and friends
Tell us something interesting about yourself that your students might not know.
I am an avid sports fan, playing basketball 2-3 hours per day. I had dreams of going professional.« Back to all faculty